WINTER CONCERT POSTPONED
Due to the recent increase in COVID cases in our area, our winter concert scheduled for Sunday, January 16th has been postponed. The concert will be rescheduled for Sunday, March 20th at 3 pm in the Emory H. Markle Middle School Auditorium.
BAND MEMBERS: POSTPONED CONCERT AVAILABILITY
Band members should have received an email with a link to complete the availability survey for the postponed winter concert. If you did not receive this email, the survey can be accessed by clicking the link below. Please respond by Friday, February 25.
COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR REHEARSALS
The following guidelines were put in place in March 2021 for rehearsals and are in effect until further notice. Additional guidelines may be implemented as deemed necessary by the Lyric Band Board of Directors.
- Musicians who have been vaccinated are not required to wear a mask. Persons who are not vaccinated will be asked to wear a mask until seated.
- Musicians who have water keys must bring their own towel or receptacle to receive their water. Those items MUST be taken home following rehearsal.
- Everyone is encouraged to use hand sanitizer as often as is feasible.
- Percussionists must use their own sticks and mallets, and should sanitize any common equipment as soon as is feasible.
- At performances, audience members will be informed that they are not to approach the stage at any time. Musicians should not go into the audience until after the performance has been completed.
- Any musician becoming ill with COVID-19 must notify the Personnel Manager and the Musical Director, and stay home.
Thank you to all the businesses, patrons, and donors that supported the Lyric Band in 2021!
Meet Our New Musical Director,
Dr. Linda Kirkpatrick
Dr. Linda Kirkpatrick
We are delighted to announce Dr. Linda Kirkpatrick as the new Musical Director of the Lyric Band of Hanover, beginning October 1, 2021. Linda has been a member of the Lyric Band since 2015. She is the Director of Instrumental Music at McDaniel College in Westminster, MD. To learn more about Linda, visit the Conductor page on our website. We look forward to being under her capable direction as we enter our 90th Anniversary year!